Saturday, May 28, 2011

it seems this aways happens...

   In between my (extremely spread out) posts, it seems that something big ALWAYS changes! This time it has to do with work. I'm not working at the coffee shop anymore and have pretty much decided to just not work for awhile! It was getting pretty stressful trying to keep up with the house, Jack, and working at night. I think right now my major focus will just continue to be Jack! And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to school this fall and start working towards being an IBCLC. I'm so excited!
   So that's pretty much it on the "me" front. Jack, on the other hand... well, that's a whole different story! He has changed SO MUCH!
   Since putting him on formula, the little guy has gained a whole pound in a month! I'm so glad he's finally putting on some weight and not looking so skinny! He also grew about an inch and a half! He's been crawling all over the place and pulling himself up on EVERYTIHNG! The couch, baby gate, toys, Jump-a-roo, my legs, the sliding glass door at Ainsley's house... you name it. He also recently started walking around while holding onto the furniture. He goes all over the place! From the couch to the baby gate, down the length of the baby gate, back up to the couch, along the couch, back over to the gate, crawl over to a toy, pull up on it, walk around it... you get the point. 
   Jack has also discovered how to take the lid off of things now! I bought him the generic version of the Gerber lil' munchies (like cheetos) or whatever and left them in the living room with him (lid on) to go to the bathroom. Well, I hear "clang! .......... clang! ..... clang! ... CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG!!!" and come out to see what on earth is going on, only to find Jack with the container in his hand, banging it on my end table, with NO lid on it. Needless to say, there were little cheeto things ALL OVER the floor! Haha... guess you could say I learned my lesson! 
   So I'm also in the midst of planning a first birthday party for my little man. OMG! I can't believe he's about to be ONE! Since his birthday falls on a Wednesday this year, we're going to have it the weekend before. BUT I still plan on doing something (just the 3 of us) on his ACTUAL birthday. I am so excited!
   Also, I bought a new computer a little bit ago, so hopefully it helps me keep up with my blogging a little better than I have been (I know, I say that all the time!)... Sorry! Anyway, that's about all the excitement I can handle for right now... it's pretty late and I've got to get some sleep. Oh! One last thing! The past few nights, Jack has slept from 9:30 PM until 9:30 (or later!!!) AM! THANK GOODNESS! I finally have a baby that sleeps through the night again! So, I had better catch some zZzZs while I can! :) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment