Thursday, June 2, 2011

today is a double post kind of day...

   Now that I have gotten that small rant off of my chest, I feel like doing a 360 and telling you all about the absolutely wonderful and amazing day I had with Jack!
   So it started off like pretty much any other day: we woke up, ate breakfast together, played for a little while, watched some Backyardigans (his FAVORITE show), took nice two hour nap together, ate lunch together, splashed around in the pool for a little bit, talked (and babbled) with some people on Skype, watched more Backyardigans, and then the REAL wonderful part of my day began!
   I brought one of my pots and a wooden spoon into the living room for Jack to play with, along with a tupperware container and a big plastic cup. I showed him how to bang on the pot with the spoon and once he got it down, he just sat there... banging away! Then he played with just the spoon for a bit and went back to the pot. Well, instead of hitting the pot, he accidentally cracked himself on top of the head with the spoon... twice. He looked at me with a confused look and made a little "ehhh?" sound. Almost as if he was asking me, "Am I hurt?" I asked him if he was okay and he crawled over to me, climbed up into my lap, leaned against me, put his head on my shoulder and within five minutes of me enveloping him in a hug, he was fast asleep.
   It was so sweet!!! I felt bad that he'd cracked himself on the head with the spoon, but I LOVED the fact that he climbed into my lap and placed his head on my shoulder like he did! I went and stuck him in his crib and he took a good hour long nap.
   We kept playing for a little bit once he woke up and ate dinner too and before I knew it, it was bedtime. So we did our usual little routine, only there was one thing different about it. After he finished his bottle, he turned around in my lap, and once again placed his darling little head on my shoulder. It was the most amazing feeling in the whole world to just sit there cuddling with my little boy in our rocking chair. He truly is the greatest thing to have ever happened to me!
   There is no way I can possibly explain to you how wonderful it is to REALLY feel affection from your child. Just knowing that all he wanted was to sit there and snuggle with his mommy. Once I realized that he was really showing me what he wanted for the first time, I couldn't help but get teary eyed. He might not be able to say "I love you" verbally, but man... I sure knew it when he laid that little head on my shoulder. I can't even put into words the overwhelming surge of joy I experienced in that moment. It is something no one can ever understand until they have a child of their own and experience it for themselves.
   It was the highlight of my day, and definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life! As for now, I'm going to go get some sleep. It's pretty late, and 9AM comes fast! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment