Monday, November 15, 2010

my $10 investment...

   I believe my child is the only one I know who HATES his car seat. It seems like every story I've heard from family and friends about their children is about how much their kid loved riding in the car and how it always made them pass out. Well... not mine. In order for you to even PUT Jack in his car seat, he has to be either asleep, drowsy, or in a REALLY good mood. Even then, he will sometimes start crying. And even if he's awake when you put him in his car seat, there is no guarantee that he will fall asleep while you're driving around. In fact, sometimes he'll start crying once the car is moving.
   This really sucks because it means that you have to plan around his nap times! Even if it's just a trip to the grocery store... forget it. He's gotta be full, dry, happy, and/or sleepy/asleep. Oh... and if he's REALLY tired and you stick him in that thing... ha! He starts screaming bloody murder! I mean his face turns red and sometimes even purple and next thing you know, you're having to take him out of the darn thing and calm him down. But the only reason he's calmed down is because he's worn himself out from screaming and crying! (Poor baby!)
   However, my son LOVES his toys! He has several that he just adores playing with and every time I get him in the car seat, I stick one in his lap. Only issue with that is that he's still learning how to really hold on to things and pull them towards him... you know, that lovely thing called "control." Well, if his toy slides down where he can't reach it or he loses his grip, you have to either pull over or do the whole one-arm-behind-you-blindly-searching-for-the-toy-while-trying-to-tell-them-it's-okay thing.
   And yesterday, I came up with a solution.
  

This is Jack's new favorite toy. I call it "Mr. Frog"... aka the Bright Starts Hop Along Carrier Toy Bar!  

   Notice the extreme look of concentration on his face... he has finally found something that distracts him from the fact that he is in his car seat! And I love it! Happy baby = happy mommy :]. Anyway, this lovely toy attaches to his car seat handle and does not move! (If you are wondering, yes. I have tried hanging links and other toys off his car seat, but he just doesn't find them as interesting!) This is right at his eye level. the frog plays music, lights up, and spins. The turtle is a rattle and spins as well. And that red thing (not really sure what else to call it) has a mirror on one side and spins as well! I am SO thankful I found this toy! Hopefully it will help to make car rides (and trips out and about) a little bit easier! Here are some more pictures of him with his new found love:








This just might be the best $10 investment I've ever made! 

   Anyway... once again, it's pretty late and I need some rest! Not exactly sure what We'll be doing tomorrow, but I guess we'll figure out something! My mom is visiting for a little bit... it's been about 3 weeks since she last saw Jack, so I'm guessing we'll probably just hang out at home! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment