Monday, November 15, 2010

life as we know it now...

   Yes, I do realize that I am starting this blog 3 months after Jack was born... but hey! It's not like I had any time to start it right after! Anyway... I'm going to do my best to keep up with this. I'll try to post pictures and updates on life as often as I can (translation: during nap time or after everyone else is asleep). Hopefully this will be a way for me to keep our relatives in the loop. It seems like pretty much everyone is scattered all over the place (or will be soon). We have family in Oregon, Washington, California, Texas, Nebraska, New York, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi! And there are TONS of us! Which means a lot of people to update on Jack, Zach, and myself... well, life in general.
   So if you haven't heard already, my husband, Zach, and I have a wonderful baby boy named Jack! He was born on August 10, 2010. He's currently 3 months and 5 days old, although some days it doesn't seem like that long and others it seems like much longer! He has changed so much since we brought him home from the hospital. I can't even think of all the changes!
   To list a few: sleeping longer at night, grabbing his toys, holding toys, pushing buttons, "talking" like crazy (I have NO idea where he gets that from! :] ), smiling, laughing... the list goes on and on! His most recent discoveries include his toes ("What are these things and how do I get them in my mouth?!"), our boxer Charlie ("HEY! You're kinda prickly and furry and you LICK my face! What are you?!"), and the newest one being his fingers ("Whoa... I can make these things wiggle! Whenever I want! COOL! Now let's see what they taste like...").
   I have to say, watching your child learn and grow is by far the coolest thing ever. I love being a mom! It's definitely the best job I've ever had! I really wish that you could just slow time down sometimes... maybe then I'd have enough time to really take everything in. Right now it feels like he learns one thing and then "oh, hey!" it's on to the next! Then there are the times that I am just so anxious/excited for him to be older! I want to see the funny faces he's going to make when he tries new foods, watch him crawl and get into things (I know, I'm crazy...), learn to stand/walk and fall over doing it, hear his first words, etc.
   Anyway... it's pretty late here and I think I'm going to attempt to get some sleep. I have another learning filled day ahead of me in the morning! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing has made me cry faster than when I began to read your blog. I venture to say most mom's are busy making very little when you consider the actual cost of a mother working and miss out on so much. I am so proud of you; to have the foresight to enjoy the things in life that matter. I am so bless to have you for my daughter-in-love! What more can a Grandma ask for then to see her Grandbaby so loved and well cared for??? Thanks for being such a blessing in my life, I love you!

    ReplyDelete