Wednesday, February 9, 2011

so many new things...

   So let me go ahead and apologize for not writing on here recently! It has been pretty difficult considering my hubby has a monopoly on the computer for school work! I might just have to give up taking a nap when Jack does in the morning so I can keep posting! Haha.
   Anyway, we have had quite a bit happen since I last posted! Jack has been sitting in the "tripod" position for awhile now but on January 30th, he FINALLY sat up HANDS FREE! I was SO proud of him! We tried to snap a picture of it when it happened, but we were too slow. And of course he didn't want to do it again until a few days later. Haha! But I did get some pictures from that day at least! It was his first time sitting up to play with his toys.







   I can't believe my baby is sitting all by himself now! Yesterday I went out and got him 2 more toys to play with while sitting up... you can never have too many toys! :)
   Those pictures were taken on February 2nd. He had a BIG day that day! He sat up and played with his toys, he ate half a banana (not the jarred baby food crappy kind... REAL banana!), AND he drank from a sippy cup (YAY!!!)! On the 4th, we went out to dinner with a wonderful group of ladies and some other babies (ranging in age from 1 month to 8.5 months) and it was his first time sitting in a highchair and eating solids at a restaurant! Pretty exciting news, as far as I'm concerned, because that means now when we go out to eat, we don't have to lug in that stupid car seat! 
   And the fun doesn't stop there! Starting about 2 weeks ago, Jack decided he wanted to nap less during the day. I couldn't figure out what in the heck was going on with him because this kid normally takes LONG naps! He went from about 4 hours of nap time a day to about 1.5 hours... HUGE change! Well, I finally figured out what on earth was going on with him. On February 6th, Jack cut his first two TEETH! YES! HE HAS TEETH!!! They are the 2 on the bottom and in the middle! I am SUPER excited!
   I was not happy that my poor baby had been suffering that whole time they were working their way up to the top, but I am THRILLED that they are finally through! Those things are SHARP as heck too! They have been bugging him a little bit since they first poked through but now that they stick out a little more, they seem to bother him less. Nap time has still been a little bit off, but we're working on it!
   Well, not a whole lot has been going on besides that. He turns 6 months old tomorrow. I can't believe six months have gone by already! And in the blink of an eye! It seems like just yesterday that I was being admitted into labor and delivery! He has his 6 month check up on Friday. Not looking forward to getting more shots, but they've got to be done! There are a few things that I need to talk to his doctor about anyway, so I'm glad I'll be able to do that. 
   Oh yeah! I don't think I put up pictures of this yet, but I have made 2 cloth diapers for him so far! They aren't perfect, but I'm pretty proud of them considering they were my firsts! He has yet to use them though... I kind of messed up the elastic and have been going back and trying to fix them. I'm also getting ready to start working on his grocery cart seat/restaurant highchair cover. I decided it was pretty pointless to spend $20-30 on something I can make for way less! I'm hoping that project turns out well!
   Here is Jack wearing one of the diapers...



   Anyway, it's time for me to go get some sleep! I REALLY need to get better about getting myself in bed earlier! Oh well... I'll add it to my "To Do" list along with cleaning and laundry. :) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment