Wednesday, January 5, 2011

oh Jack!

   Jack was hilarious and annoying all at the same time today. He decided to communicate with us via "screaming." Not because he was upset or anything, just because he thought it was a cool noise and fun to do! So this morning Jack and I get up and I'm still tired. I kept popping the pacifier back in his mouth with the hope he would start sucking on it and fall back asleep but noooo... he'd suck for a little bit, spit it out, and start screeching and squealing at the top of his lungs. Out to the living room we went! I laid him on his play gym to play for a little bit and plopped myself down on the couch to catch a short nap. Turns out it's impossible to nap while your baby is sitting there going "AHHH AHHHH AHHHHH EHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH!!!" constantly. 
   After about 10 minutes, I noticed that he was starting to wear himself out (thank goodness!) and picked him up and stuck him in his swing with his paci, turned it on, and went back to the couch and laid there watching him. This was at 11:30. By about noon, he decided he was too tired to keep screeching like that and started sucking on his hands and passed out. I guess I fell asleep too because next thing I knew, I woke up and it was 1:00 and he was fast asleep still! What do you do when you wake up and the baby is still sleeping? GO BACK TO SLEEP! And that's exactly what I did. :)
   We both woke up at about 2:30 from a very long nap that we both needed and then Jack started right back up... "Ahhhh... AH! EH! AHHHHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHH!" It lasted ALL DAY. We went to Wal-Mart to go shopping and I had him strapped to me in my sling and as we're walking around, people are looking at me like I have some kind of crazy child because he screamed the whole time we were there! I was cracking up! As I said before, he wasn't mad or anything, just discovered a brand new sound and REALLY liked it!
   During dinner, Jack sat there happily squawking and squealing away. We watched a TV show while we ate and had to turn the volume up to 60 in order for us to hear! To give you an idea of how extreme that is, we normally have the volume at about 25. So yeah... he got pretty loud! I've decided to call it "psycho-babble". Lame joke? Yeap. I know it is. But it's the truth!
   As annoying as it was, it was also the funniest freaking thing ever! I've heard him make lots of noise before, but never like that! Zach and I couldn't stop laughing about it. I'm sure poor Charlie was pretty fed up with it and I know the cat was too. I have to say, it was pretty nice when he finally went to bed tonight. :) If he keeps this up over the next few days, heaven help us! I might have to buy ear plugs!
   Anyway, that was all of the excitement for the day! Since he seemed so happy during the day, I decided to not call the doctor. However, he started whimpering while he was falling asleep and acting like he was back to not feeling so great. Guess I'll be calling them in the morning! Hopefully it's nothing at all!
   Well, it's off to bed for me! I have spent way too much time staying up late on the computer... I need to get some kind of sensible routine down so I'm not a "zombie mom" during the day. Wish me luck! Goodnight! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you have backed into a vocation, a career, a natural skill. Keep writing. Take classes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think AAAHHHH AHHH AAAAHHHH means "I'm hungry".

    ReplyDelete