Sunday, January 9, 2011

resolutions, resolutions...

   This year, as I've done for many years, I made several New Years Resolutions. The first one being to not eat any sugar... success so far? Well, I had cookies left in the house when we got back from our trip, so the first thing I did was try to finish them all before it became 2011. It worked! Not too hard for a cookie monster like me to kill a box of cookies, especially with a giant glass of milk. Mmm! But since the year started, I have definitely broken down on more than one occasion... whoops! Let's just say I have failed. Because I can't seem to live with out the occasional cookie, I have modified that resolution: LIMIT my sugar intake. This means that if I am craving cookies, I will have 3 instead of 7 or 10. :)
   Resolution number two is to go to the gym AT LEAST 3 days a week. I plan on aiming for 5 but making my minimum 3 because all sorts of stuff comes up once you have a baby! I was going to the gym about 3 times a week before the holidays but once November hit, well... you know. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce... all that good stuff. Then December rolled around. Candy canes, placek (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a traditional Polish sweet bread... and it is AMAZING), prime rib, mashed potatoes, and I think you get the idea! :) Not to mention, we were out of town for 2 weeks in December and I definitely wasn't able to go then! So resolution number 2: HIT THE GYM! :)
   My third resolution actually came to me AFTER new years and it is to teach Jack how to fall asleep on his own. I already wrote about my feelings on "Feberizing" (also known as the "Cry It Out" method) in an earlier post, but I will once again state what I think about it: NOT A FAN! So, I did some research via other mommies on a website I frequent and I think I have found a solution! It involves combining techniques from two books... a lot to type out, so I'll save the details for another post! :) But so far, they seem to be doing the job (knock on wood!). One other thing I am hoping this will do is eliminate Jack's night feedings. He recently started solids, so he should be able to go all night without waking up to eat. And so far, these techniques seem to be helping! Although it sucks at the same time because I end up engorged by morning. Oh well! It's a system of supply and demand! My body will figure it out!
   And the very last of my resolutions: to take better care of myself (not just by going to the gym and eating fewer cookies), to spend less time addicted to my cell phone (oh Facebook app! I will mis you dearly!), too do a better job of keeping up with this blog, and to read more! I hope I'm successful in achieving my goals this year and that all of you are successful with yours as well! Anyway, it's pretty late here and I've gotta be up bright and early! :) I'll post again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment