Monday, January 3, 2011

i'm back!

   So sorry I haven't been on in forever to post anything! December was a very hectic month for us! The first few days included going out of town for a Christmas party, Jack's 4 month check up and shots, dinner at my parent's house, and our first family photos! Then we left good old NC for the west coast to visit Zach's family in Oregon, since only his parents had met Jack before then. Jack finally got to meet his Uncle Shaun and Aunt Taylor, Great Grandma, Great Uncles Joe and Jim, Great Aunts Jane and Judy, as well as some of the cousins, Jody and Kyle, Jamie and Tylor, Jacob and Sasha, and Jessica! We got some really good pictures while we were there, now I just have to find the time to upload them!
   We flew out there and back and I swear it was something I never want to experience again! Being stuck in a tiny seat for several hours sucks enough when you're flying alone... sharing that itty-bitty space with a crying baby makes it even worse. Jack actually did just fine with take-off, landing, and the shorter legs of our trip, it was just the really long flights (about 4 hours) that were the killers! He was gassy, tired, bored, and just not happy! Oh yeah! Apparently smaller planes don't have diaper changing areas, so you have to change them on your lap and just ignore the stares of "I-can't-believe-you're-doing-that!" you get. Anddd breastfeeding a kicking 4 month old in a tiny space is not an easy task either! Especially when dealing with one that doesn't like being confined to small areas.
   Getting through security was pretty easy though. Everyone was very helpful and patient with all the stuff we were lugging around (carry-on bag, diaper bag, stroller, baby, etc.). Only once did we have to sit next to someone who was not the best seat-mate, but oh well. You can't always have it easy! Needless to say, I will not ever be flying with an infant again! I'd much rather take the time to drive across country or take the train! Haha!
   Once we got there though, things went pretty well! We got to spend a lot of time with family and we're SO glad that we did! Zach's grandma has a brain tumor and hasn't been doing too well (please keep her in your prayers!) so we were VERY thankful to get to see her and spend Christmas with her! We had a BLAST getting to play hand and foot, mexican train, imagineiff, and all sorts of other games with the cousins and Jody and I went on our "traditional" late-night Dutch Bros. run! What a crazy bunch! I love them all!
   We got home a few days after Christmas and as much as I love going out there, man did it feel good to be home! I missed my Charlie dog and of course Princess Gary! But most of all, I was looking forward to getting Jack back on his normal schedule. He's back on his day time schedule, but not as much luck with nighttime yet! I'm kind of getting the feeling that he might be sick, though nothing major. He's been a little feverish off and on the past few days, though it hasn't gotten very high. More than anything, it's just a gut feeling I have. But hey! You can't ignore those when you have a baby! So I'll be calling his doctor in the morning to see if I can get him in to be seen. I'd rather find out it's nothing now than find out it's something bad later.
   Anyway, I know the last time I got on here I wrote about how close to sitting up he was and how I thought he would have it down by the end of December. Well, lo and behold, I was right! But I didn't think he'd be doing it one week later!!! Sure enough, on December 18th, I put Jack in the sitting position and he stayed there! Well, until he realized Mommy wasn't holding him, got excited, and kicked until he fell over. Haha! It was so adorable!
   I also taught him a new sound... yay! Since he was about a month old, I'd blow raspberries at him from time to time. Well, about a week ago, I was doing it one morning and he seemed pretty interested so I kept doing it over and over again. Then he finally looked at me and did it right back at me! Since then, we haven't been able to get him to stop doing it. He uses it for every situation. Excited? Squeal, then blow a raspberry. Unhappy? Cry, pause to blow a raspberry. Need to fart? Blow a raspberry while grunting! I have to admit, it's pretty hilarious! Although Zach thinks I have created a monster because he won't stop. Jack does it practically all day, every day. I love it. :)
   The other new thing he's doing? Pretending to drink out of my cups! He watches me drink and when I do, I go "Mmmmm!" while I drink and then hold the cup out to him and say "Want some?!" He'll reach out for the cup, pull it to him, and open his mouth while I tilt the cup up for him (only thing we actually let him taste was water... he didn't like it!). I was doing it today and I could swear I heard him go "Mmmmm!" while the cup was at his mouth! He cracks me up!
   I have to say, I absolutely LOVE that he watches me and learns such cool things like "drinking" from a cup and blowing raspberries, but it's pretty scary at the same time! Now I KNOW he's watching and learning... I better be on my best behavior! ;)
   Other than that, not a whole lot is new around here! Hopefully I'll have those pictures uploaded the next time I post on here... As for now, I'm going to get some sleep! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment