Sunday, January 16, 2011

starting solids...

   Jack started solids just a few days before he turned 5 months old. I really wanted to try and hold out until 6 months, but he had been giving us signs for awhile and his doctor gave us the go ahead! First thing he tried was rice cereal... he wasn't too sure about the taste, but he loved that he was eating like we do! I have pictures that I need to download from Zach's phone of the first time, but I have a few on mine from the 2nd time that I'll put up. He now LOVES food and has broadened his tastes from rice cereal to oatmeal and even likes pears and apples! On to bananas next! :)
   He is such a little piggy too! At about 6:00 PM he nurses, then he eats cereal and fruit around 6:30 or 7:00, and then nurses again before he goes to sleep! I started adding a "dream feed" at about 10:30 PM too because he wasn't doing too well with sleeping through the night. Sleep training has started to improve too! The first couple of nights he did okay. He woke up about 3 times after I laid him down at 8:00 and was finally asleep by 9:00. He woke up again around midnight, 1:00 AM, 3:00 AM, and then 6:00 AM. He then nursed again and went back to sleep until about 8:30.
   Things started to get worse a few nights ago though. I'm not too sure, but I think teething is the culprit. I laid him down at about 8:00, and he woke up every 10-30 minutes until about 11:00. He then woke up at about 3:00 AM, and then again at 6:00. He nursed and went back to sleep. However, the past 2 nights have been better! He has been asleep by 7:30, woken up once or twice after, and then slept until about 3:00 AM! Only negative thing is I can't seem to fall asleep until about 3:00 AM... Now I need to sleep train myself and figure out how to get him to stop waking up at 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM!
   Anyway, sorry this post is so short, but I have to attempt to get some sleep! Hopefully it will happen before 3:00 AM... :) Wish me luck!

   Here are a few pictures of Jack while he was eating and after he finished! Enjoy! :)




















As you can see... he made a HUGE mess of himself! AND the highchair! :)

1 comment:

  1. Give Mommy a great big smooch Jack! She likes prunes! Grandma P

    ReplyDelete